Sunday, January 20, 2008

Boring weekend and Dateline

We had a very boring, but much needed, relaxing weekend. Last week was not a very good week with Dominique being in the hospital with MRSA...it set in his knee and swelled it up the size of a balloon. After being admitted to the hospital and surgery he is now doing much better thank God. OH by the way they are pretty sure that he contacted this from being in a dirty gym while in training....God only knows what else could be contacted in there.





We spent our weekend just hanging out since it was to daggone cold out to do anything but stay warm in the house. We also had a going away get together for one of my nephew's who is going away for a few months. We will miss you Jacob but do your best and time will fly by.





So did anyone watch Dateline? what are your thoughts on it? It breaks my heart to think that they make Guatemala out to be a baby stealing country due to the few corrupt so called lawyers they have. What about all of us that went through legitimate agencies and waited and waited to bring our precious babies home?








This picture is quite scary but daddy says he


thinks we look cute. Mommy was a slacker


and didn't take her makeup off the night before.








9 comments:

Kelli said...

It is a cute pic. Hey I am lazy everynight about taking my make-up off. Sometimes I am lazy the next day so I just clean the excess black around my eyes and go on with my day. I hope that Dominique sp? will be good to go soon. Tim is an athletic trainer so he has seen MRSA up close and personal. Glad that you had a relaxing weekend!!!

Kelli said...

Oh and I didn't watch Dateline. It seems to be same stuff and I didn't want to get all riled up.

Anonymous said...

awwww Very cute picture!!!! :) In my case, mommy is a slacker the majority of the time. Makeup just slows me down. LOLOL I promise I really do try to wear enough when seen in public not to create widespread panic. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oops I was all set to comment on the Dateline bit too and forgot. It broke my heart. I really don't know how anyone could doctor a homestudy or police clearance record with all the hoops we have to jump through, but the thought that this idiot would suggest a child molester should do this to get a child is beyond words! :( I am glad they left it with MOST adoptions are perfectly legal and implying they aren't is an attack on our families.

Soltana said...

This momma is a slacker most nights:)
I agree with Kelli... clean up the black mess and go on with it:)

Didn't see dateline..was it the same bull honkey crap as last time??!

Katie said...

That is a cute pic -- Aiden looks so happy to be by his mommy :)

Our Family of 5 said...

Aren't you 2 cute. Even with the elmo hat =)
Love ya! Miss ya both!

Amy said...

What a cute picture! I am a slacker a lot of the time...most days I don't even put make-up on, much less take it off at night.

JuJu - said...

I love that picture:)